I can’t believe it’s my last day in Japan! My time here passed by so quickly, but it amazes me when I think back on all the places I’ve seen. Here are some of my favorite stops along the way:
- Discovering the exciting world of sumo;
- Finding a small piece of home in the big bad city;
- Coming to terms with the awkwardness of naked people;
- Communing with nature; and
- Walking in the footsteps of history.
I can already tell you that I’ll be back, and hopefully soon. Despite not knowing the language and traveling on my own without much of a plan, Japan called to my very soul. The dichotomy between young and old, modern and historic can all be found within a few steps from each other. It’s wonderous how people are able to respect and honor both and how they coexist in today’s society.
I know that there are many more places of interest within Japan that I missed out on during this trip, and I look forward to exploring the country further on another visit.