Although my time in Singapore was brief, I enjoyed the city and had a nice overall experience here. Some of my most memorable undertakings were:
1. Encountering my first squat toilet, looking it straight in the bowl and then high-tailing it out of there. I’m just not built for those kinds of acrobatics.
2. Sweating off 15 pounds (just an estimate, but it sure as hell felt like it) in one day of sightseeing by simply walking around. I just cannot seem to get used to the heat and humidity here.
3. Getting used to everyone assuming I’m local and speaking to me in Chinese or Malay.
4. Respecting how different cultures and religions can carry on side-by-side in harmony.
5. Marveling at the complexity of the developments here and wondering how all the consumerism is impacting society.